Saturday, January 14, 2012

Getting it Together - Part II

Getting back into substitute teaching and sitting my friend's four and a half year old have made me realize just how disorganized my life is. I would come home from a day of subbing and still have cleaning to do because 1) my husband is blind to dirt (as I have been told all men are), and 2) I didn't explicitly tell him what needed to be done. To his credit, he did get a lot done after I brought the problem to his attention. Even still, I started looking into chore charts and didn't really find anything that fit our needs, so I made one and this is the near end result...
The asterisks indicate things that may or may not need to be done, but need to be checked on a daily or weekly basis. I made the chart to fit into an 8x10 picture frame so that it will be dry erase in it's finish product. I originally had square boxes to check off when a chore had been completed, but changed to spaces so that I could assign daily chores with initials and monthly, quarterly, and annual chores could be dated so I know when they were last done. I hope that this chart will eliminate some of the boring communication between Greg and me so that we have more time for other things. I am excited to see how it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment