Sunday, June 12, 2011

Your New Favorite Cookies

Judge me all you want, but even the most health conscious person needs a treat once in awhile and there is something about fruit and yogurt that just doesn't hit the spot like a good ol' chocolate chip cookie and a big glass of frosty milk! Raw, of course.

 

Today, when the craving hit I didn't feel like trying a new recipe, but decided I was in the mood for something a little different. I love chocolate covered macaroons and I love oatmeal cookies, so coconut and oatmeal sounded like the best of both worlds and I figured it would work out alright. Well, let me tell you... it was more than alright! It was delicious! The best part is that the oatmeal makes you feel like eating four or five cookies isn't really as bad as it is. And you will eat four or five of these, or probably more.

 

I'm lucky to have lots of people in my life to share these with, including some on the other side of the world, so I wasn't stuck with very many and that is a very good thing! I will warn you, anyone (especially unnamed pregnant women) you share with will come begging you for more! ;)

Your New Favorite Cookies
Adapted from Toll House

Ingredients 
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups unsweetened coconut
1 1/4 cups thick rolled oats

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375° F. If you have a convection setting I'd suggest using it! 
  2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside. 
  3. Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add vanilla extract and eggs. Beat until light in color and creamy in texture.
  4. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
  5. Stir in oats, coconut and chocolate chips.
  6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.  
  7. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes (depending on size) or until just beginning to brown. 
  8. Let cool on a wire rack. Store leftovers, if you have any, in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment